I feel so blessed and so lucky after thinking a truly beautiful relationship was just a pipe-dream for me. I have backed down and curled up within myself after a certain point in every previous relationship...Just thinking about the rest of my life with one individual subconciously made my skin crawl and my stomach turn in knots...but just the idea and possibility of being with C forever brings nothing but warmth to my heart and a huge smile to my face. Never has the momentum of falling in love and being happy lasted this long for me. (Seriously, WHO was I dating in the past?!?!) As C put it, 'It is amazing how [he shows] me more than what I ever thought [those] three words could be!'
I finally broke down, got on my knees and begged God for help...and for the first time in my life I completely surrendered control...I asked God for a man like my father, a man who would be the spiritual leader of my future family, someone with a kind heart, a romantic, someone who would love me as much as I loved him... and lo and behold, God sent me everything I had requested. Every. Single. Thing. And even more. Things I didn't even know to pray for. Now, if THAT is not proof of the power of prayer, I don't know what possibly could be.
C challenges me to be a better person everyday, and I love him for that. Oh so very much. If this is just four months into our journey, I can't even begin to imagine what God has in store for my future. And I am beyond excited about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment