Friday, July 29, 2011

Faith.

You know, the picture above was taken at the most horrible moment - right when I was between a smile and a word. I was not feeling well that day. As a matter of fact, I think I woke up at 3am that morning, running to go yarf...and continued for about the next 4 hours without ceasing. I had just dyed my hair brunette and had just gotten out of a horrible relationship, and was in the process of trying to lose the ton of weight I had put on during it...However, albeit one of the most unflattering pictures of my physical self, at the moment this picture was taken, my heart and my SOUL were in the perfect place. This was the moment of my Confirmation.

My point in saying all this and posting this (horrible) picture is that we need to stop waiting for 'that moment' or for 'this to happen' or 'that to happen'... God is always ready, waiting with open arms. When you finally run into that fatherly embrace, it won't matter if you've fixed your hair, put on your make-up, have a sore throat or didn't vacuum the carpet...There is no prerequisite other than faith.

I spoke with someone the other day who is seriously struggling with their personal faith. Their relationship with Christ. We all have those struggles...It's hard NOT to struggle. But at the same time, it's also so easy to release the burden from your shoulders and submit. The verse in the New Testament which reads something along the lines of 'Ask and it shall be given to you. Knock and the door shall be opened.'. God means that. Every single word.

Try for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment