And with the official first day of autumn (September 23rd), another birthday has come and gone. 29 is the new 'black' of 2011-2012, and I plan to be all 'in-fashion' this year. Now to see if my birthday wishes come true ...I was actually quite realistic in my hoping, wishing and dreaming - so maybe with the blowing out of my many candles, I also gained maturity with my new age. No ponies or unicorns or millionaire lottery winning wishes. Just something simple and perfect and (hopefully) attainable. Keep your fingers crossed. ;-)
Oh, you must want an update on the disaster of the decade! I chose to rock the wig. Not ashamed of that at all. Heck, my HAIR WAS FRIED OFF against my will - so, I got ALLLLL of it chopped off, and am awaiting a healthy, shiny, beautiful head full of ringlets back on this obstinate head. In the meantime, I have 'Amanda' (as I refer to the wig, thanks to the clever people at the hair shop) to keep me company and make me feel more like myself. That may sound silly to those of you who keep telling me to 'embrace' my short hair...but please put yourself in my (super cute Tori Burch) shoes. I am in the process of growing my already past the shoulders hair out in a blunt cut. Regularly maintaining it's health with trims and highlighting every 6 weeks. And then without warning or want, it is all fried and bleached beyond repair. I go from thick, lucious locks to ratty, brittle straw in minutes. The only recourse is to chop it all off. But it wasn't as if I went into the PAUL MITCHELL SCHOOL IN ATLANTA that day with the intention of having boy-short hair. I wasn't even going for a major change. Just upkeep. So, no. I will NOT embrace my short hair. I will rock the hell outta Amanda and love every minute of it! So there!
Aah. I feel better already! Well, folks. Time to finish drinking this cup of coffee (breakroom crap, not SBX), and get down to lunch to finish reading my current book - "Dry: A Memoir" by Augusten Burroughs. If you haven't read it, it's really quite insightful...Not for everyone though...So, if you wander if maybe you would enjoy it, let me know and I'll give you my personal recommendation. For example, C would NOT enjoy this book. Mother would NOT enjoy this book. CJL, however, you would LOVE LOVE LOVE it.Ta-ta for now!



LOVE the wig and BLESS your heart! I am totally with you -- I would rock a wig too I believe. I hope you reviewed the Paul Mitchell School on Yelp... and gave them zero stars!!!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you soon xo